Audi 100 5cyl cold start problem

I promise if I can with help set up a page on the internet to give this information for free with a scanned image of the Hayenes manual with all rights reserved to all authourity in respect of the fact that the Audi company made this car and place the test schedules for this car online inrespect of the fuel problems etc. I think that any car that is 12 years old should havr all aspects of thier design "liberated" for the benefit of us that want them to be. IF a CAR has a 6 year lifespan or guarantee the desiign should be free to anyone that wants to fix it. Lets make shit to last. ANyway I #ve had a drink. I love my car and don't have a curent girlfriend to prove it.

AUDI 100 CD AUTO 2226cc shagged bx no information I love this car and I will not let her die

Reply to
pdpass

With all due respect that is utter nonsense, and I have had it confirmed and checked from several sources before I did it. The guy who tipped me of it first is a mechanic that has been in the trade since 1968.

It's a cheap and effective way to check if the pump is working as it should, a bi-effect is that it cleans the pump formuck.

First, the pump wasn't run for an extensive amout of time. Second, it was pulsed, not run continously.

Third, learn to quote when you post.

Reply to
BBO

Well the fuel pump is running fine with plenty of pressure, the only problem is the cold start injector not getting any power when cranking and Im currently under the impression that it is a temp sensor, bad ground or bad wiring, the computer has been replaced with no change. the car does not 'start' on ether it just fires. once the car is running it runs fine until you let it sit for 4 hours or so, when it goes cold. Anyway im working on the problem and will reply once it is fixed, now there is another issue i need to sort, see the new post.

Reply to
sealdogfish

Reply to
Tony

I know this is an old post but I have the exact same problem you were describing in this post. Did you ever resolve this issue???

Reply to
jevanhardy

I had this issue on my Audi 100 2.2E. It was about 17 years old at the time. It turned out to be the gaskets on the fuel lines going into the engine block. When cold, they would contract enough to let in false air. Once the engine warmed up, the gaskets would form a tight seal again and the engine would run fine. I had tried for weeks to find the problem and it took my shop a whole week of cold starting every morning to figure out what the problem was.

Regards, Jan Poulsen

Reply to
Jan Poulsen