Car fixed itself?

Well, I was having a problem with my 1995 Audi 90 2.8 five speed.. It was running rough at low revs (3500rpm and below), very jerky, some loss of power and fuel economy at all speeds, and it sort of but not completely went away as the car warmed up.

A few days ago I realize the car is running perfect again, silky smooth at all engien speeds, fuel economy and power have come back to normal. The day before I got on it and let the engine wind out a few times, maybe that's not related but on the other hand maybe an italian tune-up was what it needed?

I guess my question is what could have been wrong that would just fix itself out of the blue??

Reply to
Yaker

A flaky fuel pump? that happened to be a few times. Or maybe the fuel filter? I don't think it'd be the injectors - they wouldn't magically clean themselves and start working.

Reply to
Av

Maybe just a load of dodgy fuel got burned off?

Reply to
daytripper