Certified Warranty Problems, Brakes

Hi All,

I'd like to know about people's experience with Audi Certified vehicles, particularly people's impressions of the quality of the certification process itself.

Why? The dealer where we purchased the car (Barrier) incorrectly inspected the *tires*, eventually buying us four new ones. One of tires was leaking on delivery and when we took it to a local tire shop, they couldn't fix it because it was below minimum tread depth (and well below minimum certification guidelines). This shook my confidence in the certification process.

Now, after 6 months and 7000 miles of light city and lots of freeway driving, the front brake pads are 3mm below certified minimum (min=

7mm/50% of 14mm full thickness, ours=4mm) and the rotors are "below discard." Our local dealer (Roger Jobs) noticed the brake wear and suggested that we call Barrier about it - they thought the level of brake wear was unusual.

I received one call back from Barrier week after last on my voicemail and I have left three messages with the service manager (Gary) since then. Have not heard back. I talked to Audi corporate today and they were totally worthless (say they can't do anything except ask the dealer to call me).

So, it would be great if I could hear from anyone with relevant experience on warranty issues. Also, if anyone has a sense of normal brake pad wear rate, it would be great to hear about that too.

Thanks much, Adam

2003 A6 2.7T Quattro Bought the car from Barrier Audi, Bellevue, WA in November. 59,000 miles.
Reply to
ceo