Check Engine Light

Check engine light came on about 10 days ago. Removed and replaced gas cap, but light still comes on - and the dealer wants $139/hr to examine it (San Francisco). Probably a 15-minute reset thing, but hate to wait at the dealer and pay up to reset the light.

Should I keep driving it for another couple of weeks to see if it goes out? Will it start to blink or beep if it is REALLY a problem?

Thanks for advice. Dan

'99 A4 1.8T

Reply to
Dan Eilerman

I had a similar event occur two days after scheduled maintenance. ECU was throwing codes about having to richen mixture at idle (ie: induction air leak). I took the car back as it was still under warranty, etc. Hack technician had loosened a hose clamp and forgot to retighten same.

Find someone with a Vag-Com or similar device to dump codes to see what's up. Then you can decide whether to take it to dealer or attempt to fix it yourself...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper