Space Star - engine warning light?

Hello Folks,
My 3 year old Mitsubishi Space Star engine warning light has come on. It was intermittent to start with (over about 2 weeks) - now its on
permenantly. However the car drives faultlessly and I can't see any problem whatsoever! Any advice before I take to the dealer and they charge me 50.00 to say there is nothing wrong with it?
Regards,
Micky
--
Get Firefox web browser FREE!
Get Thunderbird email/newsreader Free!
jonny wrote:

Many thanks for that advice. I'm not sure where the oxygen sensor is but as a precaution I checked all the connectors in the vicinity of the air intake/manifold. I unplugged the one at the top and plugged it back firmly. Guess what! When I started the engine, the light has gone out!
This problem started soon after my last service (now out of warranty) Makes you wonder doesn't it?
Regards,
Micky
--
Get Firefox web browser FREE!
Get Thunderbird email/newsreader Free!
The oxygen sensor is located on the Exhaust manifold ,Right at the front of the engine .It has 4 wires coming out and they go to a plug on the left (gearbox side). Take the battery pole off for 30 secunds and you will reset and remo0ve all fault codes on the egine ecu. Good luck
Don't know what a Space Star is but, it seems that I have had the same problem with my 02 Eclipse GT. After MANY trips to the dealer where I was told there is no problem other than the cold air ram system I had installed (BULLSHIT) and if I bring the car back for the same problem, I will be charged 50 bucks for each time, I now find out that there is a TSB issued for the problem and that the dealer has a new FLASH program for the ecm. The code I was getting was a P0300-P0306, random misfire. This TSB only applies to certain V6 engines with specific engine numbers. Hope that this helps you. Also, you may want to invest in a OBDII reader so you can avoid a hefty charge, read the code, decide if its important and erase it.
Kestrel
kestrel1954 wrote:

Many thanks for the advice. See my reply above. Will have to invest in a Code Reader I think.
Regards,
Micky
--
Get Firefox web browser FREE!
Get Thunderbird email/newsreader Free!
replying to Micky Taker, Mark wrote: II also had this problem, Mitsubishi Space Star II (2002 - 2006) - 2002 1.6 Petrol, engine management fault. Disconnecting and connecting the battery cleared the fault light.