Check-Engine lite on: Code returned P4011: "secondary air injection flow at wrong rate".

I had a check-engine light on, and people here suggested that I get the problem code read from the car's ecu as soon as possible.

So I went to my trusty mechanic who said that his computer can give a "general industry standard reading" of the code, but that it might take Audi to get something more specific.

Here's what came back:

Code: P4011, "secondary air inj flow at wrong rate".

He said that this is not a drop-dead critical error. So he said to try this: He turned /OFF/ the engine lite via the computer interface (nullified the error code) and said that if it comes back in the next day or so, then it's still there as an issue.

Is that really a good idea?

Does clearing the error code (and thereby turning off the check-engine lite) allow the code to come back if still a problem, or does this PERMANENTLY stomp on the error???

TIA

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall

"Thomas G. Marshall" wrote

Isn't it P0411 by any chance?

The P0411 cross-references to VAG DTC 16795 "Sec.Air Inj.Sys. Incorrect Flow Detected"

You may want to do a search on 16795 at

Lots of interesting info.

Well, he's basically right. If the problem still exisits, it'll throw another error code making your check engine light come on again.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

Pete coughed up the following:

Yeah, well, I apologize for not being more careful when typing the OP.

Holy crap, that's a great resource! Thanks!

Well that puts me at ease. I was tormented by the notion that /maybe/ audi error codes get permenantly (somehow) stomped on.

BTW, it didn't come back on and it's 24 hours later (maybe 2 hours total driving since, maybe 12 engine starts).

Reply to
Thomas G. Marshall