DSG slippage

I have a US 2007 Audi A3 3.2 with DSG. I recently noticed that the transmission slips for about 1/3 second when accelerating. Any tap on the accelerator causes the tach to jump by 500 RPM then jerk back down to where it was.

I'm wondering if this is normal revving in preparation for a possible downshift or a malfunction. I didn't notice it happening before. The transmission has always been quirky so it's hard to know what is correct functioning. I don't trust the computer diagnostics. The car once went totally berserk for a day while driving at high altitude and not a single error code was stored.

Reply to
Kevin McMurtrie