HELP! Replacing S4 brake pads...I'm stuck!

Greetings,

I've removed the wheel and the spring clip. I've found the black cap on the upper and lower sections of the calipers and I pulled the caps off. AudiWorld seems to indicate that I need a 7mm hex key to remove a couple of bolts under the caps to separate the calipers and get to the pads. When I insert the hex key, it seems like there is nothing to turn (i.e. the hex key doesn't seat into a bolt head). What am I doing wrong? I've tried different sized hex keys to no avail.

TIA!!!

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy

Ah...any idea on size?

Elroy

Reply to
elroy

Thanks for the info. Much obliged...

Elroy

2000 S4
Reply to
elroy

Don't you have an inspection mirror, so you can see whether they're allen or Torx?

They're allen on a 1997 A4, if that counts. :)

Reply to
Pronto Breakneck