How to find corect part number?

I have 1988 Audi 100 2.3E Avant (the same as 1989 model in US), and I need to replace brake master cylinder. I downloaded ETKA, and tried to find part number, but there are more than one option (what I listed here is from the on-line catalog at

- I am at the office at the moment):

tandem master cylinder / F >> 44-J-300 000

22,2X19/17 lhd / 4-,5-cyl. (1) 443611019A

tandem master cylinder / F >> 44-J-300 000

22,2MM GIRLING lhd / (1) 893611021B

tandem master cylinder / for heavy-duty brakes / F >> 44-J-300 000

23,81X19/17 lhd / 5-cylinder (1) 893611021

tandem master cylinder / for heavy-duty brakes

23,81X17,5/18 ATE / 5-cylinder (1) 441611021A

tandem master cylinder / for heavy-duty brakes / for models with heavy-duty running gear 25,40X17,5/18 / CS:AVANT, LIMOUSINE, TURBO

3 N 90074401

How do I know which one do I need? I do not have the original one to check for part number on it. Do I need 22,2X19/17, 23,81X19/17,

23,81X17,5/18 or 25,40X17,5/18 cylinder?

With my BMW i just enter my VIN, and I get the correct part number, can you do the same with Audi ETKA?

Reply to
me

Your local dealership (and some independent parts dealers) should be able to, nip in for a price enquiry and take a note of the PN as you are quoted it off the screen. Three of those PN seem to be quoted for LHD though, so I'd be tempted to think it was the ATE model you wanted. Don't quote me on that though.

Reply to
Jon B

If you are lucky you will find the brand name and part number on your current master cylinder! ;-) Or like Jon B said.....call the dealer with your VIN and see which one it calls for.

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Nedavno dave AKA vwdoc1 napisa:

But if I have Audi ETKA shouldn't I be able to find correct part without dealers help? I can do that with my BMW.

Reply to
me

I think if you've got the version installed on your PC then yes you can do VIN searches.

Reply to
Jon B

Nedavno Jon B napisa:

Yes I installed ETKA on my PC. Can you explain how do do VIN searches?

I found that if I click on the car icon on the top right part of the ETKA window I can enter my VIN number. I then click OK, and new window opens with hundred different combinations of engine and gearbox types.

I just can not find the way to find right combination for my car. And even if I find the right combination, it is hard to find it again as the list is very long.

There must be easier way, can someone explain please?

Reply to
me