New TT "Sport" model...

According to the article at VW Vortex

will be releasing a lighter weight TT, powered by a 240 horsepowerversion of the 1.8T, and capable of a 5.9 second 0-60 run. Althoughthis is certainly an appealing idea, it isn't as interesting as itmight be considering the fairly recent existence of the TT 3.2, whichalso tests with a 0-60 time of around 5.9 seconds, and doesn't exhibitany turbo lag. I'm a little curious as to why this model is beingproduced? If anyone has any insight, I'd like to hear it, because withthe 3.2 avaliable, the possibility of "chiiping" the less expensive 225model and the avaliability of the $29,000 R32, I'm not sure that thismodel makes any sense.

Reply to
Steven Grauman

Maybe it has an available manual 6 speed unlike the VR6 TT (in north america).

Reply to
Mike Whiteman

AFAIK the VR6 isn't available in manual anywhere that I'm aware of. Despite what the same article says.. a bit puzzling, that.

This is probably the reason for trying to launch a "proper" S variant (as Porsche et al have already done) The state of tune is still pretty mild - it's the 75kg (5% or so) weight reduction that produces most of the performance gains. You can bet that it doesn't come with a spare tyre, either!

About the most puzzling thing is why they painted it to look like a Citroen Pluriel..?

Reply to
Hairy One Kenobi

This model seems utterly pointless, given the almost non-existent performance gains and further reduced utility (no "cargo shelf" rear seat or spare wheel).

Rob

2005 TT 3.2 DSG (bought a $650 "spare" after a broken wheel left me stranded 500 miles from home on Xmas eve) 2002 A4 3.0Q
Reply to
+ Rob +

"At Audi, TT stands for undiluted driving pleasure"

Must be a translation thing...

andyt

Reply to
Andy Turner