RS Focus

Things I like: Power. Focus bits. Getting back at 05:30 after testing it *cough*

Things I don't like: Power Every arse wants to race you Colour (every other Ford is this blue).

Reply to
DervMan

Bit like my Capri then.

Reply to
Conor

No. Most kids these days don't even know what one of those is.

Reply to
DervMan

Not really, because in the Capri every "arse" who wants to race you will ineveitably beat you.

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Not in a 2.8.

Reply to
Conor

Yes, in a 2.8 - mostly down to your driving as you've already proclaimed on many occasions that you stick ridigly to the speed limits.

Plus most hot hatches will match or beat it on the straights nowadays and they'll have the added luxury of actually being able to go around the bends as well.

Used to love these actually, my dad bought what was supposed to be one of the final ones at C reg - Ford sent letters out inviting buyers to purchase the very last ones to be made.

Wasn't half pissed off when they carried on making them :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

If you believe that.

ROFLMAO..is that before or after they understeer into the verge? Its amazong how fast you can go round a roundabout in a RWD with a LSD.

Bet he was.

Reply to
Conor

Have you driven a few modern hot hatches?

Reply to
DervMan

My 206 XSi has a mere 110bhp - i firmly beleive it could keep up with a Crapi down a twisty lane.

Reply to
DanTXD

I have, and they are all a bunch of tarted up understeering grocery getters.

Reply to
Burgerman

Great.

Reply to
DervMan

Pretty much every hot hatch is just that, with varying degrees of understeer imo.

Reply to
REMUS

Your opinion is worth f*ck-all.

Reply to
SteveH

Heh.

That Alfa SZ looked tasty in an ugly way.

I dunno, from some angles, it looks superb, from others, it looked "ewww."

Reply to
DervMan

I want one.

If I ever manage to get enough money together in a lump sum to buy one, I will. Chopped and uprated 75 floorpan with a carbon fibre shell.

£20k for a half decent one.

I'm unlikely to ever have one, as by the time I do have £20k to stick down in cash, they'll be £50k.

Reply to
SteveH

Well you've got a 75 already. Surely it can't be that difficult :D

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Drove one about 4 years ago. I wasn't impressed: the car (advertised for 25 kEur, 20.000 km on the clock) felt identical to the 75 3.0 V6 (worth 3 kEur). It has even the same stupidly long throw gearbox.

For 20 kUKP you have ample choice in very low miles SZ.

50 kUKP? Maybe, but it's more likely that Hell freezes over.

Tom De Moor

PS: the shell isn't carbon fibre, it's Modar which is a kind of plastic. Aftermarket glass fiber parts (ex racing) are available and are lighter than the stock parts. If memory serves me correctly the SZ is heavier than the 75

3.0 V6.
Reply to
Tom De Moor

Well is it right or wrong and for what reasons?

Reply to
REMUS

Sunny Gti-r? Wrx hatch? R32 Golf?

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Yeah the Sunny is an exception (I couldn't find anything about the origins of the chassis though, you could argue that it has the same outward apperance as the sunny beside cosmetics). Isn't the WRX more of an estate? and the R32 golf "The R32 might be built on an ageing chassis, but the first set of switchbacks confirm that the engineering work done on this car, and which to an extent is inherent in Golf IV, is par excellence" :

less relivant but meh "In the R32's defense, we need to declare that it was neither built as, nor intended to be a purpose-built racecar in streetcar clothing" :

REMUS