Re: Bentley Repair Manual - Unfair Policy

Two weeks ago I contacted Bentley software support asking if I could sell my A6 manual as I no longer had the vehicle. An email from Frank Fusaro stated that I could if I contacted eBahn and obtained a transfer code. After selling the manual, I contacted eBhan software support and was informed that the new owner would have to upgrade from ver. 2 to ver 3 of the reader at a cost of $45 or they wouldn't send an unlock key. I asked why this was necessary and they replied that they needed to make a profit on the sale. I now have to refund the buyers payment & It will cost me the charge fee and the final value fee as well as the time & effort. If I bought a book from Amazon & later sold it, the buyer would not have to pay to have it upgraded. I am never going to purchase anything from Bentley again and would advise anybody preparing to purchase a manual from them to consider another publisher. Former Bentley customer,

Reply to
Bob Wilson

yeah tell me about it. if you had upgraded to ver 3 it would be cheaper for the new owner to PAY to have it put in his name. OR email me Bob! later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1