Safe to drive with a leaking water pump?

My 93 Audi 100 has coolant leaking from behind the belt cover area so I can only assume it is the water pump. Is it safe to drive it like this until I have the money to have it fixed, or do I risk breaking the timing belt? Thanks

Best regards, snipped-for-privacy@balcanicsoft.com snipped-for-privacy@bankarea.com

marcus.halbach

You could cook the motor it gets worse, don't drive it till you can get it fixed, thats the best advice,

Steve.

Reply to
Steve68s

I 2nd Steve's advice. On an I5 T44 that I owned it developed a similar leak and the failed like flushing a toilet. Very awkward at the wrong time - traffic.

Reply to
Tony

I don't think there's any risk beyond it getting suddenly worse. Be sure to carry around plenty of coolant and check it daily.

If your car will run with the radiator cap loosened that may slow or stop the leak.

Reply to
Misterbeets

Radiator cap? This is an Audi. The leak of a waterpump will definitly worsen and you'll lose all the fluid at once. If so your head will overheat a.s.o.

Take the right advice and get it fixed.

Ronald

Reply to
reply