should I buy this 2004 TT?

I'm looking at this car (haven't test driven it yet, don't want to get sucked into that vortex if unwise):

or a shorter link:
It's a 2004 TT in a fantastic color, but the mileage is high, so I'm not sure if I should be buying this car as someone who holds and uses cars for a long time. I was just going to keep my 98.5 A4Q 2.8 going for a while longer, but this car is tempting me.

Any gotchas with this model or these specs?

Reply to
KLS

Absolutely hideous color. Make them shave some off for that.

MDA

Reply to
Mark Allen

that colour was a problem for Audi................they could not cure the orange peel affect.

Reply to
Yes Baby

Orange peel effect? I'm sorry if I'm missing a joke here, or is this a real issue of some kind with which I'm not familiar?

I realize most people will hate the color, but I like it (I also liked that incredible lime green/yellow Audi used in the 100 series, so that tells you something about my taste).

Aside from the color affecting resale, not an issue I'm worried about, what else should I worry about?

Reply to
KLS

yuts wiv keys or knives or screwdrivers.............

Reply to
Yes Baby

According to Consumer Reports, 2004 was one of the better years in terms of reliability for the TT (not enough data for 2005 and 2006.) There was a sludge problem for some of the 1.8 turbo engines. Look for meticulous maintenance records. Brake pads and rotors may be due for replacement at that mileage. CR lists body hardware and electrical as problem areas.

Reply to
iws

Thanks! I appreciate that info and will see how new the brake pads and rotors are. It's a one owner car, and I'm curious to check it out.

Reply to
KLS