Should I buy this???

Hi, I'm new here. I've been lurking for less than a week, trying to find info. on Saabs. Here is my question:

There is a Saab locally that I'm interested in. It's a 9.3, 1999, Auto (yuck) leather, etc... It may be an SE, but I was too stupid to even notice when I was there. It's for sale by a used car dealer who gets cars from a local Saab place (they say). It has 89,000 miles, and has been serviced through the 60,000 mile checkup by the dealer. They want $7970.

This seems like a decent deal. I tend to buy vehicles that I like, with the options that I want, used, then keep them forever. I am currently driving a

1991 ford ranger with 144,000 miles (not a great example, but a wonderful truck), and I am going to keep that as well. I would like to get a newer vehicle with fewer miles that I like to drive. After sitting in a couple of them, I am kind of sold on a Saab 9.3.

Is this a good idea? Should I keep looking, perhaps for a newer Saab with fewer miles? Older one with fewer miles? I have searched this newsgroup and saabnet.com, but I'm still undecided. I really do like the look and 'feel' of the 9.3 (haven't driven it yet).

Thanks in advance for any information that you may provide.

Wayne

Reply to
WaynesWorld

Get the VIN number and run a car fax on it. The $25 or so it costs is worth it.

That many miles on that new a car are highway miles and those don't put much wear on the car. High miles turn off a lot of folks because they think low miles are good. I'd suggest doing some searching on online car sales places to see what the going rate in your general area is for that car with those miles.

it checks out, it looks like a good deal. Maybe too good. I would definitelyhave a mechanic check it.

snipped-for-privacy@madmousergraphics.com

design, print design, photography

Reply to
LauraK

Laura, Thanks for the info. I need to find a good Saab mechanic in Columbus, OH to check it out for me. Even if I don't buy this one, I'm pretty sure I want a Saab.

Wayne

Reply to
WaynesWorld

Wayne, Go for a Japanese car. I have had four Saabs. two 900's which are gone now and still have two 9000's which will be going soon and I will replace them with an Infiniti. On needs a Gold Mine to keep them running and left me stranded too too many times,turnpikes,interstates, ect. I was glad I had my Subaru and Chevy as back up Cars. I understand the 99 9-3's are also troublesome. Anyway, suite yourself but have lots and lots of cash available and tow trucks. Good Luck, Bob

Reply to
ROBERT JOHNSON

I drove a 1986 900 until 2000 and put over 200,000 miles on it. I sold it to teenager who put it through 3 accidents before it died. I bought a 1990 900S which I am driving now.

What year and model 900s did you have and what were the problems that left you stranded > Wayne,

Reply to
ma_twain