VAGSCANNER

Just recently purchased a VAGSCANNER for my Audi 1.8T (1999)as the aig bag light is always "ON" after doing the scanning it detected a DTC(VAG) 18021/P163(MIL Call-up - Circuit Open or Short to B+). does anyone know what the code means? Thanks in advance...

Reply to
chewb40

Tony

Not sure what you mean by the battery, are you referring to the battery in the car?

I havent done anything yet. I tried reseting it with the vag system but nothing happens.

Reply to
chewb40

Yes. The car battery. If the system looses all power the air bag light will be on until reset.

Sounds like your is a fault with the air bag and will probably require repair. you might ask if it is covered with the l> Not sure what you mean by the battery, are you referring to the battery in > the car?

Reply to
Tony

fwiw, the airbag indicator did not light up when I replaced the battery on my '00 B5 S4. Nor did it light up when the service department disconnected the battery when they had to remove a door and didn't want the lock pump to run all day...

/daytripper '00 s4 6spd

Reply to
daytripper

Reply to
chewb40

18021 P1613 MIL Call-up Circ Open/Short to B+

problem with the wiring maybe? fuses ok?

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

I based that on a number of posts that I read on AudiWorld !4 forum but not on my own experience.

When a battery is disconnected to reset the system it is usually suggested to leave it disconnected for a number of minutes. That is probably done to drain off power from capacitors in the system so disconnecting briefly might not cause a reset.

A tool is available from parts stores to use when batteries are be> fwiw, the airbag indicator did not light up when I replaced the battery on my

Reply to
Tony

i have a feeling its the wiring but im not very good at tracing it so i might have to bring it to the dealeship, but first i will check the fuse and also reseting by removing the battery..

Reply to
chewb40

I think some disconnect the battery AND touch both the neg and positive cables together to remove any residual charges in the system. TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

I believe that water can really mess with connectors, so I would also examine the connectors well.

BTW the ross-tech.com tool, along with the most recent software, might be more specific with their scans/dtcs.

good luck, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to