Fault Codes

My air bag light flashed 3 times, and went off, flashed 3 times again and went off, then stayed on. After turning off the ignition and restarting it now seems ok. Air bag modual replaced three months ago.

Next thing to happen was the fuel gauge started reading wrongly, tank unit replaced two years ago.

I decided to look at the fault codes by pressing the trip counter button and turning on the ignition, this info I got from this news group. The problem is I have not a clue what most of the fault codes mean. Can any one tell me or point me in the direction of a site that will tell me.

Car is a 1999 1.8LX Focus with climate pack and CD player, I have owned it from new and it has covered 29,000 miles. The fault codes are as follows:

Gauge check - I'm OK with this one LCD modual check - still OK Bulb check - OK r 20 - God knows what this next lot means E002 dtc 9202

000.0 0000 F185 078C b153 Ab-H Eb-H 1L-L Cr-H A-6d b-18 C-d1 d-3F 0153 1255 2255 3255 4182 5000 6000 7000 P103 P2FF P3FF P4FF Back to gauge check, cancelled by turning off ignition.

Can anyone enlighten me - Please reply to news group Thank you for any help

Mike

Reply to
BT Newsgroup

In message , BT Newsgroup wrote

This is the Diagnostic fault code

Go to

ant type dtc 9202 focus in the search box

Try also

for a list of codes that are probably the same for the focus

Reply to
Alan

...means "fuel level sender open circuit", which is definitely related to the common problem you had where the fuel gauge started reading incorrectly. Try disconnecting the battery and see if the code returns after a couple of weeks. Perhaps the code has been there ever since you had the original problem? Or maybe you have the problem again...

This might be of interest:

Jon

Reply to
Jon Sturgeon