WTD: later model Audi in need of engine work.

Just wondering - if someone has a later model Audi which maybe has a broken timing belt or something major with the engine, and they're interested in unloading it rather than fixing, please email me at: mjmalin(at)wisc(dot)edu Looking for manual transmission and a car that is otherwise in nice (and complete) condition.

Reply to
Old Radios

"Old Radios" wrote: > Just wondering - if someone has a later model Audi which maybe > has a > broken timing belt or something major with the engine, and > they're > interested in unloading it rather than fixing, please email me > at: > mjmalin(at)wisc(dot)edu Looking for manual transmission and > a car that > is otherwise in nice (and complete) condition.

My 98 A4 Quattro 2.8L 5-speed just experienced a timing belt failure. I am thinking of not repairing it at the moment.

If you are interested let me know.

Reply to
jpmichelson

Just curious as to how many miles were on the TB when it failed.

Reply to
Ian S

Ian,

There were 114424 miles on it when it went.

I know that the recommended mileage for replacement is 90k max... It appears that both I and the delaership that performed all the maintenance missed that critical component during the 90K service.

Reply to
jpmichelson

If you were having all the maintenance done by the book by that dealer, then I think they bear a lot of the responsibility for the damage done by the TB failure. I would think you'd have a good case for them to pay for the repairs.

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:

Ian S

I am working that angle. I am not very hopeful though.

I did speak with Audi of America and their position is that all their dealers are independant entities and they cannot interceed on my behalf and that I should work with the dealership to resolve this issue. Basically thanks for the $$, now hit the road, so much for owner loyalty.

I am also considering consulting an attorney to see what my legal standing is.

There was significant turnaround at this particular dealership during the time that the 90K service was performed that could help my case.

cheers,

jim

Reply to
jpmichelson