WTD: late model BMW in need of engine work

Just wondering - if someone has a later model BMW which maybe has a broken timing belt or something major with the engine, and they're interested in selling, please email me at: mjmalin(at)wisc(dot)edu Looking for manual transmission and a car that is otherwise in nice condition.

Reply to
Old Radios

"Old Radios" wrote

None of us would contact you about our beloved broken BMW; you obviously don't know and care enough about BMWs, since all modern BMWs (since around '91) have timing CHAINS.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Perhaps by "late model" he means late 80's?

-Fred W

Reply to
The Malt Hound

geeze Floyd, somebody piss in your coffee? e28, 528i is what mjm is most likely looking for. with reply's like your short sighted one, why would anyone come here for some help?

Reply to
Paul Schnettler

Sorry, but I thought some of the 4 cylinder engines had belts still?? Maybe only UK spec cars fitted with those particular engines?? Badger.

Reply to
Badger

"Badger" wrote

At least Badger and Jeff got my feeble attempt at humor. Paul totally is out of it.

AFAIK, "late model" is about the last 5 years or so. Note the guy is from Wisconsin, USA: no 4-cylinder cars over here in the US.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

No.