1990 e30 for sale

"richard" wrote

Proper usenet protocol is to prefix such a message with FS:

FloydR

(In a bitchy mood today)

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Prozac run out FloydR?

Between this (where he said in the title "for sale" - sorta hard to miss,) and your rant at the poor student from the Netherlands doing a survey, I think you may want to just go someplace and chill out.

Reply to
admin

Actually, I'm just trying to keep the conversation civil. This example (no FS:) is clearly in contravention to conventions, hence uncivil. The other case is ok, but with all the spam around, isn't likely to convince people to take his survey.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

You're unhappy about a colon? FS wasn't enough?

Wow, that's pretty anal.

Reply to
Tom Scales

"Tom Scales" wrote

Well, filters that look for "FS:" don't work w/o the colon. Computers are anal that way.

Floyd

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Since "FS" isn't actually a word then chances are very high if it appears in a Subject: line then it's an ad.

Reply to
Richard Sexton

"Richard Sexton" wrote

So a subject like "fsck question" will get thrown into the wastebin. This is a silly discussion.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

I'd do "space fs space" not fs*.