1999 Z3 2.5 Sluggish Return to Idle

I just purchased this car: it has 76k miles. The throttle 'hangs-up' momentarily. It makes it very difficult to change gears, as I must delay the shift to allow the RPMs to drop. (If it was carburated, I'd say the throttle return spring was weak.) A receipt came with the car showing that the Mass Air Flow Sensor had been replaced, so I don't know if someone was attempting to troubleshoot this problem or not. In all other respects, this car idles and runs excellent. Any ideas/help is most appreciated.

Reply to
wilbed

If it's like some of the other small sixes, there's a bellcrank between the throttle cable and the throttle body (spring in back of it). That bellcrank rides on a bushing that binds after a while. I usually unbolt them, slide them out a bit and put some white lithium grease on the shaft.

Reply to
JimV

Thanks for answering. I'll give it a try first thing tomorrow.

Reply to
wilbed