2007 E92 335d coupe headlamp washers

Probably a subject that has been done to death, but one of mine has popped-off again (both were replaced under warranty, a while back, after being jettisoned in the Winter of 2010).

What I am left with is a hole in the bumper from which, upon actuation of the mechanism, a telescopic tube pokes out and impotently dribbles washer fluid. So, it looks as though the missing bits are the nozzle/ jet (presumably, this should be attached to the end of the telescopic tube) and the cover (presumably, this should be attached to the nozzle/ jet).

My question is, does anyone know if, with the situation described above, the washer can be fixed without major disassembly? I am given to understand that headlamp washer mechanism replacement is a bumper- off job, but my situation seems only to require what I might imagine would be push-on parts. Is the nozzle/jet available, as a separate part, or is the whole mechanism normally sold as a complete unit?

Advice appreciated.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Walsh

With piccys

Duncan Wood

The BMW parts catalogue. Shows what part's what and what's available.

Scott

Reply to
Scott M