MOT question. Can dead rear washer be a fail?

I've got a dead rear washer on a K11 micra, exactly why I'm not sure, as I forgot to check it when the bumper was off - it makes noise, but no flow when the nozzle is disconnected.

Can it be a MOT fail?

Reply to
Ian Stirling

No.

John

Reply to
John Greystrong

Nope.

Reply to
Conor

Ian Stirling ( snipped-for-privacy@mauve.demon.co.uk) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Adrian

Ok, thanks everyone, the brief notes on the MOT peoples website were not clear.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

The message from Ian Stirling contains these words:

I thought "1. Operate the washers and the wipers and note the swept area of the windscreen." was fairly clear! Windscreen is the front screen.

Reply to
Guy King

The note I was looking at said something like: "The washers and wipers should operate to provide the driver a clear view of the road". The rear washer is not operating, which could, and indeed has occasionally, obscured the view of the road. Hence the question.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

So what happens if you don't have a rear wash/wipe setup? I would assume that since you don't need one at all then thats why it's not tested.

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Tim Anderson ( snipped-for-privacy@t.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Slightly dangerous assumption. Seatbelts and rear fog lights aren't testable if they're not fitted, but are testable if they are.

Reply to
Adrian

The message from Ian Stirling contains these words:

Bit of a myth, that. Front fogs, reversing lights, rear washers and a handful of other things aren't tested.

Reply to
Guy King

The message from " dojj" contains these words:

Not true. Front fogs, rear squirters, etc.

Reply to
Guy King

Doesn't it depend on the age of the car? I thought a rear fog and seatbelts were mandatory these days.

Zimmy

I'll add reverse lamps to that list

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Doh, just noticed you put them in your 2nd post....

Reply to
Tim Anderson

Zimmy ( snipped-for-privacy@y.z) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

On some cars, according to age. Not on all cars. But if they're fitted, they're tested, even if they're not needed.

Reply to
Adrian

Tim Anderson ( snipped-for-privacy@t.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Feel free to add 'em, but they're never testable.

Reply to
Adrian

thats what I said...

Reply to
Tim Anderson

The message from Tim Anderson contains these words:

That was my first post - I'm using Reverse Perverse Posting.

Reply to
Guy King