87 325 c

car turns over but no fire from coil to distributor tested irradic spark at first none now replaced coil and motortromic due to short that fried the board

Reply to
dartstar

Check the reference sensor. This sensor is what tells the motronic computer the engine is turning. It also affects timing and is what actually allows the computer to properly time the spark. If it has a broken wire, which I've had a few experiences with now, it can give eratic spark or no spark depending on the wire touching ends or not. Once you rule this little sucker out, check the cap and rotor. You can check the sensor with an ohms meter. Just look for continuity through the sensor and move the wiring that goes into it around. If there's a borken connection, you'll find it. I've had two where the wires have broken off inside the housing of the sensor.

Reply to
Psycho