BMW Alarm vs. Viper Alarm?

I bought a 2003 330CI (used obviously), the dealer said it had an factory installed alarm. It didn?t, so they are going to install an alarm free of charge. Asked me if I wanted the alarm from BMW which my car is pre-wired for, or if i wanted them to install a Viper system. I know nothing about the 2...can anyone offer any suggestions?

Reply to
dugies25

"dugies25" wrote

Considering the problems with alarms that I see posted here (aftermarket) and letters to the tech help in Roundel, I would strongly suggest the factory alarm.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Agreed.

Reply to
tech27

Or you could consider my situation where the factory alarm has failed and will cost £425 to fix. The factory alarm (on my 525) is no better than one I could buy for £99.

Reply to
Grumps