BMW Mini Engine Power Failure

Has anyone experienced a complete loss of power when driving a mini?

I bought a Mini Cooper S and within 6 months it suddenly lost power whilst I was on the fast lane of a busy dual carriageway. Luckily I managed to get off the road without causing an accident. The car was repaired, but the same thing happened again a few weeks later.

I have heard of someone else who experienced a series of similar power failures in a mini.

I would like to know whether this is a widespread problem. It would be interesting to hear of any similar experiences.

Reply to
Bugbear

what did they fix to cure it........

was it an ecu problem.

Reply to
Harry

Although you will probably get good answers here, you may want to try posting your question on alt.autos.mini or alt. autos.new-mini.

Reply to
joe_tide