BMW tyre/wheel choices

I wonder if the new run-flat tyre system found on all new BMW's in the UK market will go the same way as the metric tyres they fitted back in the 90's

Discuss

--

Reply to
Dotcom Computers Ltd

I think that depends on whether other mfrs start using the run-flat system. Remember back in the late 80s, only BMW, Ferrari, Ford Mustangs and maybe another mfr or so used metric tires. Once those cars ended their production cycle, and tire mfrs saw nobody else using it, metric tires were doomed.

I don't know how many other mfrs are using run-flats, but if it cuts production cost and save weight, its going to be attractive to them. If that is the way things are going, then let's hope everybody picks up on it. Otherwise, it can be an expensive lesson for those with it....

Reply to
bfd