Tyre stickers

Just got back from Kwik-Fit after having new tyres fitted and found that they left the Michelin stickers on the tyres - is this usual practice from the tyre outlets or have I just stumbled upon a bad one?

Should I take the stickers off or will it eventually disappear after a while?

Reply to
Scooby Doo

It'll disappear after a while but........ just think.... for a while your rubber will not be wearing - just the paper patch !!!!

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

Yes, but isn't this a hazard as I won't have the same level of grip I should have? Maybe I'm being petty but what happens in the event off an accident if these tyres are found to be 'defective' due to their inability to grip properly?

Reply to
Scooby Doo

Reply to
R. Murphy

If you had to do an 'emergency stop' the paper sticker would be removed in an instant. In any case - don't you have ABS?

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

they last all of about 2 minutes when you drive out what's the problem?

Reply to
dojj

If you peel them off you may upset the balance of the tyre and have to have it rebalanced.

-- Malc

Reply to
Malc

Always pull them off, but gently or a great chunk of rubber will come away as well. Then you'll have to make good the damage with hotmelt glue.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

It will disappear in due course,but it should not have been left on the tyre. Go back and complain! Kwik-Fit are used to it.

Reply to
Fred

They often leave the tyre stickers on a formula 1 racing car so I assume if it's ok for them it should be ok on a normal road car.

Reply to
Mark

probably a buy day - the lads forgot to pull the sticker off - just pull it off.

bill

Reply to
Bill

Heh! :)

Reply to
DervMan

This one seems unlikley!

Reply to
R. Murphy

it had a sticker on when it was balanced the sticker wears off in a few miles the wheels need to be rebalanced simple isn't it :)

Reply to
dojj

Unliley to ve due to the sticker.

general advice I have recived from a number of sources is to have wheels re-balanced after the first few hundred miles - this is because during the bedding-in period the tyre may move slightly on the rim, causing the need for a rebalance.

In practice I've only had to do this a couple of times, but a balance check isalways advised.

Reply to
R. Murphy

You do realise they're all trying to wind you up?

Blimey, life's too short!

Reply to
Scott M

Reply to
R. Murphy

but what if it was considerably shorter ebcause you hadn't balanced your wheels!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
dojj

But it wouldn't be!

Reply to