E30 ABS question

Can anyone tell me where the metal stator marks which the ABS sensor keys on are on the rear transaxles? The parts CD shows different part numbers for abs and non-abs transaxles but unlike the 635CSi the stator ridges aren't on a removable plate I don't think.

I'm converting a non-abs 318iS E30 to have ABS. Does anyone know if all late (late 90) E30s would have been fitted with the correct transaxle? I know that allmost all front wheel bearings are the ABS type.

Reply to
John Burns

Not sure if this helps, but my '91 318iS doesn't have a transaxle, but a separate axle and transmission... so if yours has a transaxle (which I wouldn't expect) then that could be part of your problem.

Reply to
Matt Warren

Perhaps I should have used the term "half shaft" instead.

Reply to
John Burns