E30 Air flow meter problem

1991 318is part # 0 280 202 203 Well, I think I have narrowed down my fuel/acceleration problem. I removed the air flow meter and put the ohm meter on it. I tried different pin combinations until I found one with resistance that changed with the movment of the air flow meter flap. The readings were erratic, jumping around first high, then low then the same but not the nice smooth sweeing motion I expected. Is this a reliable sign that the meter is bad? Will a different part number work? Which ones or where would I look it up? Is there someplace that I can get one that isn't the dealer, or if someone just happens to ave one laying around they don't need anymore... Thanks again for all the thoughts, past and to come.

Matt

Reply to
M Warren

I had the same problem on my '92 535. Remove the circuit board and clean it with alcohol and drill up the holes a little so when you put it back you can shift it a couple of mm's up or down. That way the needle won't slide in the same groove as before.

Ulf

Reply to
Ulf