E36 steering wheels

Hello,

I have a question about steering wheel that was a standard in E36 coupe in years 92-98. I've seen some E36s Coupe built in those years in the market and in auction services, and what was interesting there were several types of steering wheels in the same models from the same year (i.e. three spokes w/airbag, four spokes w/airbag, four spokes w/o airbag). I suppose in some cases the steering wheel was from sedan or compact (possibly exchanged after crash). Where can I find some information about this? What was the standard steering wheel in particular year? Were there any options?

TIA,

TB

Reply to
Tomasz Bednarczuk

for M3 E36 at first they used on 1993 and early '94 models 3 spokes steering wheel with M badge (it was the same wheel of the E30 model but covered by leather instead of suede) , no airbag. Then in 1994 they swithced to the ugliest ever wheel for the M3, a four spoke big and bulky, all black(similar to mercedes benz big 4 spokes st.wheels) then they switched to a 3 spokes with airbag in 1996, the angles on this st. wheel were squared and this wheel it's not bad and in 1999 they swithced to a new 3 spokes (with airbag too)more "round" shaped (the same st. wheel you found on Z3M) but bulkier than the previous 3 spokes with airbag. Rgds Max

"Tomasz Bednarczuk" ha scritto nel messaggio news:df7thk$m07$ snipped-for-privacy@news.task.gda.pl...

Reply to
IcemanMax