E90 4 Series?

There's nothing wrong with the site. The 330i, beside having the more powerful engine, comes standard with Logic7 audio, Xenon lights and power seats. All options on the 325i.

Kyle.

98 740iL 97 M3
Reply to
Kyle and Lori Greene

I don't know but I cannot see it being that different. I actually don't mind the E90 shape and I think it will grow on people. Give it time. My old E36 was such a good car I don't think I could ever dislike any 3. ;)

Reply to
Sam Smith

"Sam Smith" wrote in news:di64t8$39a$1$ snipped-for-privacy@news.demon.co.uk:

When I first took note of an early E46, it was love at first sight. As it passed me on the highway it was just the most gorgeous thing I'd ever seen. I followed it for miles. Not too long after I owned a 325Ci, and last year traded up to a 330Ci.

When pictures of the E90 first begin surfacing, I didn't really warm to it much. My 330 was still the most gorgeous thing. I felt no different at the E90 launch event at my local dealer, where we got up close and personal to a number of 325i and 330i's.

Then a couple of weeks ago I was attending a big conference for a company who has a loose affiliation with BMW, and there was an E90 on display in the conference centre. Damn, but did it look fine--caught my eye every time I walked by it.

Now I just passed an '06 330i on my way home from work, same colour as my car. Suddenly some aspects of the E46 look, I dunno, just a bit dated.

So I guess the switch has finally occured. Does that mean I'm now a pod person? ;^)

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Oberle

When I was doing research for my new 325 I read all the articles I could find about these new cars. I have no dog in this fight, but just about every reviewer did not like I-Drive and after monitoring several BMW forums it doesn't look like many people chose this option. Having said that, the one's who actually have it in their cars all seem to be very happy with it. One reviewer mentioned he didn't get it because of all the negative reviews and that when he took his car in for service he was given a loaner with I-Drive. Said he was disappointed he had followed all the negative reviews and that after using it he regretted not getting it for his car. He thought it was great and well worth the money. I didn't want to spend the money, but if the additional cost were not an issue, who knows?

Reply to
Jack Dotson

You talking about the seven series, or all the new models? I didn't like the look at first, but they have grown on me. I love the look of the 3's front and have gotten used to the back, but it could be better. I think the five works, but the seven it just too busy, or something.

Reply to
Jack Dotson

The word you're looking for is "discordant".

Reply to
daytripper

The word I'm looking for is the one I used the first time: "appalling" :)

They look like 4 wheeled jelly moulds.

Reply to
Bear

Give it up man. You bought a car with iDrive and now you are trying to convince the rest of us it is a great thing. I'm not the OP, but I'm

*defintely* not buying it. I really never had any problems with a manually operated heater control. I'm mean, gawd, I'm already just sitting there behind the wheel ... how hard is it to tweak the heat up or down if I'm cold or hot? Soemtimes I do it (on autopilot) and don't even realize I've moved my hand... ;-)

Navigation? Fahgettabouddit. I don't ask for directions and I don't need no steenk'in navigation. I drive all over hell and creation in my job, and yes sometimes I don't knopw exactly where I am at a particular moment... but the cool thing is if you keep driving you eventually figure it out, and the the next time you will know.

iDrive is getting railed against because it is a solution searching for a problem (one that does not exist).

As and aside... programming a VCR would infer that here was actually something worthwhile available to record. I have rarely had the "need" to record something and when I did it wasn't particularly difficult.

Now do I need the same sort of electronica in my car? I think not...

If you do, so be it. But don't expect that others that feel otherwise are cretins.

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I don't know - what is a pod person?

Reply to
Sam Smith

He wasn't rude.

But here, you are being rude.

Reply to
dizzy

Malt_Hound wrote in news:rdWdnR2 snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.com:

For anyone who has used iDrive: does it allow you to dial in the speed that your cruise control will maintain?

In other words, rather than trying to get my car to, say, 119 kph and then hitting the 'set' button at just the right moment, I could be putzing along at some other speed and using iDrive select 119 kph, press 'go' and the car accelerates/decelerates to it?

Having just returned home after an 18 hour road trip, I can tell you it would be a very useful feature. The new Active Cruise Control BMW is talking about would have been really, really nice to have too.

And the nav system: Buffalo NY has some less then adequate road signing.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Oberle