flat tire gauge keeps going on

hi - I had a flat in my passenger front 2003 bmw 325. the tire was replaced but the flat tire warning light kept going off every 10 miles or so. i would just hold the button down till it went off. i thought it was the tire pressure so i set the pressure right in all the tires but it still goes off. after fixing the pressure it did not go off for like 40 miles or so but once it went off it now is back to going off every 10 miles ( or less ). i'm sure pressure is right. could it be that the new tire is causing some type of problem ? the old tires only had about 12000 miles on them. the new tire is exactly the same type as the driver front tire. is there another way to reset this than just holding the button down when the car is in motion ? maybe i have not reset it correctly.

Reply to
asdf

Perhaps the mechanism that measures the tire pressure is at fault. Jim

Reply to
Jim