Fun to drive cars other than BMW

Heh heh. I merely commented that the new Mondeo appears to be a very good car indeed. And Ford is a US owned company with bits of the Mondeo made in different parts of Europe - including the UK and Germany. For some reason you decided to have a pop at the British - for I'm sure your own good reasons.

BTW, *some* parts of the German car industry are successful. Not all.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I about ate one of these with a '92 525 when stationed in Germany after 'the wall' came down. Northbound on A-7 headed to Wurzburg at ~125 MPH. Min speed on the autobahn (if I remember right) was 60KMH (~37 MPH). I doubt that Trashie was doing even 1 K over it when he pulled into the left lane w/o a signal...and no doubt without checking mirrors! Thankfully my car was fairly new and BMW brakes are as they are.

Clark

Reply to
Clark Kent

They were soon banned from driving the autobahn, as I recall. Many, many people died in their little plastic boxes, trying to make U-turns when they missed their exits, or just plain plowed into when left-laning at barely 60 km/h...

According to this

deaths in the East rose 60% in the first six months of 1990,claiming 1,078 souls.

A man stops his Trabant at a garage and says: "Two windscreen wipers for my Trabi". The garage owner thinks for a moment, then replies: "OK, that's a fair deal."

Why does the Trabi have a heated rear window? It keeps your hands warm while you push it.

Reply to
wernergr