gas prices (kinda OT)

U¿ytkownik "Trey" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:eH1ye.2307$ snipped-for-privacy@tornado.socal.rr.com...

i don't understand:(

in poland, very easy, on every street. germany, it's more difficult but possible. holland-no problem, france- possible, lithuania- no problem. Anax

Reply to
Anax WRC

My God..... what is with you people....soon it's gonna become popular for each person to drive a Bus of it's own! :D

Nice pic...shame it was dark/stuffy though

Reply to
filip

there are stations for it, but not that much of 'em. something like the avg. about 3 per city.

Reply to
filip

U¿ytkownik "filip" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:dabkes$sec$ snipped-for-privacy@fegnews.vip.hr...

but which country? in poland we have 3 on one street:) every petrol station has also lpg Anax

Reply to
Anax WRC

croatia, i wrote somewhere before

Reply to
filip

Yeah, my camera is getting old and doesnt take well to odd lighting situations. I see a Canon 20D (with the L series 28-300 lens) and a Canon SD500 in my future!

Reply to
Trey

"Trey" wrote

That's what my son has; awesome camera and lenses.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Yes they are nice... but talk about $$$$$$$$$$ well, at least for my budget ;-)

Reply to
Trey

That's probably because the picture was taken in a parking garage in the section that they send the large vehicles to. You can't fit these big trucks in the same sized spaces as regular cars.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

I saw a report that said one out of every two vehicles sold in California last year was either an oversize truck or an SUV. California has not built a new petroleum refinery in 25 years, the few they have are stretched beyond capacity. Whenever there is a proposal to build a new refinery, however, the local people shout "NIMBY!!" (Not In MY Back Yard!) Then they bitch about the high price of gas. . . . Hummers and Hummer IIs are becoming very popular in our area (Central Kentucky) and some families are getting modified Ford panel trucks to run the kiddies to soccer lessons, and pick up milk at the store. It is REALLY getting out of hand.

Reply to
Shadowdancer

So wait, if I understand you properly you found a bunch of large vehicles in the large vehicle section? what are the odds of that?

Matt

Reply to
MWarren

At a $1.50 per liter, that works out to nearly $6.00 per gallon. Most of that is road tax though, and we pay our road taxes differently than you do. Our -- USA -- gas is about $2.50 per gallon in California.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Actually, they park the big trucks outside. Even given that is IS an "over sized" parking lot. how many trucks of this size do you see, period, in your area?

Reply to
Trey

What I don't get is this:

Every time people talk about SUVs or oversized trucks, the standard example is the "soccer moms" using them: moms driving their kids to soccer practice, and how nuts that is (which it is).

The question is: with the proliferation of soccer moms and their SUVs and all the soccer practice going on in the US, how come US soccer sucks?

Reply to
Peter Bozz

Well, in addition to paying $1.00 for a liter of diesel (ie $3.80 a gallon), I pay $100 a month in road tax. (Diesel costs less at the pump, but private vehicles are taxed more.)

What's the road tax in California?

Reply to
Peter Bozz

Uzytkownik "Peter Bozz" napisal w wiadomosci news:42cb9b4f$0$81577$ snipped-for-privacy@news.xsall.nl...

ROTFL:)))) Anax

Reply to
Anax WRC

Because its not soccer!! its Day care for the kids while the moms run errands... Like, getting their hair and nails done. Also, the term 'soccer mom' does not just pertain to soccer. its more along the lines of the 'active mom' that has her Chauffeur hat on. Soccer, baseball, hockey, football, basket ball... what ever it is. Its often a mom in a Chevy or GMC Suburban. (now a Yukon XL or H2) That just drives around all day with her vehicle mostly empty.

Reply to
Trey

something interesting... old, but interesting.

Ahh, here we go.

would explain why so many roads here are in such poor condition. (according to this site
Another interesting link.. a little old, and rather idealistic, but entertaining.

To answer your question. I think its just a little over 50 cents a gallon. Or less then 25% of what most other countries charge for tax on it.

Reply to
Trey

It may not suck that much longer.

1) I heard it's the most widely-played sport at school level. 2) The Hispanics are mad about it.

It's just that the US pro world has to be persuaded that football (the real one) is the Beautiful Game....

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

It comes from several sources, income taxes and property tax that make it to the General Fund are the primary sources. Then, we have sales tax that when generated from gasoline sales gets sent to the road department. We have sales tax on lots of stuff, generally non-food items, but not always. Anyway, the sales tax is different in different counties -- I suppose a township would be an equivelent level of government -- but it hovers right around 8% statewide. When the sales tax is derived from fuel sales, then those tax dollars go to transportation projects.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland