Labor Day Gas prices

This morning I filled up and 87 octane was $1.82 in Sagamore Massachusetts. Thought I would have to sell a kidney to pay for it, but figured I would save it in case I ever decide to purchase a Mach1,or a Cobra.

Martin 2002GT 5spd AutoMeter Lunar Gauge cluster Hurst Billet Plus shifter K&N Magnaflow Cat Back

Reply to
Martin

$1.64 a gallon here in northern, NJ for regular (the Expedition has a 30 gallon tank) Of course the Cobra only takes Ultra 94 at $1.99 a gallon (22 gallon tank at 10mpg)

You do the math..........................

Bill S.

Mart> This morning I filled up and 87 octane was $1.82 in Sagamore Massachusetts.

Reply to
Bill S.
1.99 . 9 for 87 here in Vegas..

stop your bitching :)

Massachusetts.

Reply to
Chief Wiggum

Try 85.9 cents a liter. Times that by 4 and figure in the exchange between CND and US thats about around $2.50 fro 87 octane. Fun and more fun.

Kirk

Massachusetts.

Reply to
Mulatz

We have a larger gallon. Imperial vs U.S. Still cheaper south of the border though.

BTW it went down to 75.9/ ltr in Mississauga ; Those nice oil companies...... A "token" lowering for the long weekend due to hue and cry over their greed this week. StuK

Reply to
Stuart&Janet

Yes sir, here in the great white north we are paying about $4.00 a gallon for 94 octane, which is around $3 US. It's so expensive they had to implement the metric system so the price wouldn't sound so bad.....

-- Buzz Haze-Ottawa ON

87 5.0 LX Coupe
Buzz Haze

West Palm Beach was 1.799 per gallon for 93 octane and regular is 1.699.

Reply to
Joe Cilinceon
93 is around $1.90 +/- $0.02 in SW PA. If the weather would *ever* dry out for any length of time, I'd ride the bike to work... that beast gets somewhere in the 45-50 MPG range. I spent $100 on gas alone last week... though I admit I took a couple road trips and I wasn't easy on the snake much all week...

JS

Reply to
JS

I filled up twice today:

Olive Branch, MS (Shell), $1.539 / gallon Birmingham, AL (Flying J), $1.479 / gallon.

I saw it at several places between the two stops at $1.699 / gallon.

- Max - ======= "We are simultaneously the most loved, hated, feared, and respected nation on this planet. In short, we're Frank Sinatra, and Sinatra didn't become Sinatra playing down for punks outside the Fontainebleau."

- Dennis Miller

Reply to
Max C. Webster III

Ft Collins, Co

85 Octane - $1.67.9 87 Octane - $1.77.9

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

St. Helena, CA:

91 octane - $2.25/gallon being there in the first place - priceless
Reply to
Dana Myers K6JQ

fresno, cal

85 octane $2.05 89 octone $2.35 at texaco self-service

And some wonder why we have a recall going...

Reply to
vince garcia

St. John's Newfoundland 89.5 cents a liter for Regular gasoline. I don't know what that converts to in gallons but it converts to an arm and a leg here.

Reply to
emtecca

Had to twist the knife, huh?

Ah but we get all the benfits that come with living in California, so we deserve to pay more for everything, right? :(

one correction--should be 87 and 91 octane in my post. And actually that was the HIGHEST price i spotted friday. The discount places are asking 109 for premium (so-called).

Reply to
vince garcia

Ranging from $2.10 - $2.50 a gallon here for 87. Phoenix, Arizona. Of course we had a gas line that delivers most of our gas from Tucson break recently. Prices are still high but nothing like the $3.99 some people were panicking and paying.

Andy

Massachusetts.

Reply to
Andy Budwill

I just got 91 oct for $1.42 at Chevron, it's about the same at Shell and Exxon, Mobil is a little higher.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

"vince garcia" wrote

| Ah but we get all the benfits that come with living in California, so we | deserve to pay more for everything, right? :(

Ya know Vince, they seem to think so. They get away with it because we do not stop them. We just shrug and say there's nothing I can do. It's bullwash. I think that if we stood up and hollered about it, we might get a little attention and maybe the old "we're not going to take it any more "' routine.

Kate

| | one correction--should be 87 and 91 octane in my post. | And actually that was the HIGHEST price i spotted friday. The discount | places are asking 109 for premium (so-called).

Reply to
SVTKate

: > >

: > > Had to twist the knife, huh? : > >

: > > Ah but we get all the benfits that come with living in California, so we : > > deserve to pay more for everything, right? :( : > >

: > > one correction--should be 87 and 91 octane in my post. : > > And actually that was the HIGHEST price i spotted friday. The discount : > > places are asking 109 for premium (so-called). : >

: >

: >

: > I just got 91 oct for $1.42 at Chevron, it's about the same at : > Shell and Exxon, Mobil is a little higher. : >

: :

Reply to
Bill

U¿ytkownik "elmo" napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci news:bivgdl$dbl$ snipped-for-privacy@news-reader3.wanadoo.fr...

AMEN!

France is known to have the highest gas prices. Here in Poland we pay $3.30 per gallon of regular, and $3.50 for premium (92 octane)... "American muscle" is usually kept for sunday cruising! :|

Marcin

Reply to
euroxr

Don't want to start going head to head with you guys, but it would seem you're equally as misinformed as the majority of Europeans when it comes to who has the better system. I'll give you the fact that the PT system in the States isn't that great, but then again, it is a nation of car lovers. If it wasn't, the Fords and Chevrolets of this world wouldn't have come up with some of the most beautiful cars evar produced....However, in the UK, the rail and bus systems are old, and cost the traveller way too much, to the point that the government is introducing a toll system to get into the major cities now - the PT system doesn't work! In France, the SNCF trains are way too expensive, you frequently get mugged on them, and they break down when the temperature hits 40° (about 105F). Super! Vacations - well we get paid shit, so why not get paid for having 4/5 weeks holiday?? BUT....When you break your hammer repairing your house on Saturday night, your obliged to stay holding your house up 'til monday when you can finally buy a new hammer (nothing is open on Sundays here). And God forbid your car breaks down in August, 'cause you're gonna have to wait 'til Sepember at the earliest to get the part you need 'cause everyone's on holiday at the same time!!! Health system - the French government has just informed us that the price of cigarettes is going up for the 3rd time this year because the Social Security coffers are empty. More than, 11,500 elderly people have died in the space of 6 weeks because of the heat wave that we're going through - hospitals understaffed, nurses and doctors on holiday because it's August - see Vacations. Hospitals have to make do with old decrepit buildings they can't afford to renovate, equipment that should have been burnt along with Joan of Arc, etc, etc. The List of medications that will be reimbursed this year (particularly for allergies) has been reduced by more than 800 medicines - and for allergies, you are obliged to buy them over the counter, and so, pay more! We pay for the medical isurance here the same as you guys do, and it seems to work out at around the same cost/person. However - when I was in Florida, I broke my wrist, went to the hospital at Cape Canaveral, saw the doctor, got bandaged. Sent the next day to an osteopathy clinic, where I was plastered (if only...). Hospital - $850, Clinic - $450. This was in May. Got back to France the 16th May, and I'm still waiting to be reimbursed by the magnificent system you think we have - I've sent the paperwork, they've sent it back, they've lost copies, luckily I know how crap the system is, I sent them copies of the photocopies, etc etc etc. Into the 4th month now, and the Government is trying to work out where all the money is going..... I could go on.....Vehicles are cheaper in the US, Houses are cheaper in the US, Taxes (depending on the State) are generally less (6% sales tax in Fl / 19.6% France), Food costs less, Practically no toll roads - you can't use the 'autoroute' without paying an arm and a leg, Restaurants cost less etc etc etc. You have to drive a long way to work, and that costs gas money. Here, people are having to move up to 75 miles away from where they work in order to be able to buy a property....that's minimum 400 miles/week just for work - no play.

Yes I hate it here, but I'm trying to get to the States - more red tape - if anyone has a job for an Aerospace Technician, let me know please, then I can stop whinging too!

PS sorry I angered you Bill!

"Bill" a écrit dans le message news: DHL4b.16129$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdny02.gnilink.net...

(generally)

Reply to