Help With E30 1988 325i Touring Sunroof Wil Not Fully Close

Good evening. Have Just bought '88 325i Touring. But the Electric Sunroof (metal) will not fully close/bed down. It Retracts ok, but seems to stall near the end closing. There is about an inch or so gap. No Luck with manually trying to shift it! Any help here for this newbie, would be most grateful. It is my first BMW. Thank you Mathew

Reply to
Mathew P Bennett

Do you mean you are trying to push it by hand? Or are you trying the manual 'adjuster' in the switch box?

IIRC (it's a while since this happened on mine!) you just need to remove the plastic cover on the unit with the sunroof controls, put the appropriate socket on the big nut and manually wind the sunroof. When I tried this the electrics suddenly started working again - Looks like the motor was stalled and the manual wiggling freed it off.

Al.

Reply to
Al

If this is a case, you might want to consider dissasembling and re-lubing the thing. It needs to be done every once in a while.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

Agreed. But be CAREFUL. The splines in the drive wire are really sharp, I cut myself a few years ago on them.

Reply to
John Burns

Reply to
Mathew P Bennett