instrument cluster

I have an instrument cluster that the LED display for diagnostic is missing every other light so that the print out is un-readable across the bottom of the cluster. My understanding is it needs to be replace. Has anyone had a similiar experience and what was the outcome, if you could include cost of repairs, do it yourself or dealer? Thanks

Reply to
reddevil