Is a 1985/1986 BMW 325e equipped with a check engine light?

Is a 1985/1986 BMW 325e equipped with a check engine light? I have had a problem with obtaining a SMOG certificate because the "check engine" light did not come on. All other emission tests have passed.

I have spoken with a mechanic about this and he told me that year and model did not have one in the first place. If it does not have a check engine light, how do I prove this to obtain a SMOG certificate?

Thanks HB

Reply to
hana

Mine is, and it should come on before you start the engine. That's probably what your inspector looked for and why it failed.

It should be a cheap fix then!

Ed

Reply to
Ed Beroset