lease hire uk

Hi guys

im looking to lease hire a 320d se for work I'll do 30k a year, any recommendations who to go to?

Rgds

Andy

Reply to
Andy

Your bank?

Your BMW dealer?

Your accountant?

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

Get real - he is looking for a recommendation from someone who has done something similar, although your BMW dealer or even BMW UK might be a good place to start.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Thx Mark,

I have mailed them and awaiting a response, when you do a search there are so many companys lease hire in the uk the prob is ive never done this before and a little afraid incase i get my fingers burned.

I will see what BMW say. Thanks for your sensible response.

Rgds

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I was being real. The best deal is person-dependent. One cannot generalise. So even if I had done a brilliant deal through finance house x it would not mean it's the best for anyone else. It is always sensible to get two or three quotes. And the best may be your bank and not the car dealer.

DAS

Reply to
Dori A Schmetterling

I did a lot of scouting around before deciding whether to go for the company car scheme, personal lease plan, personal contract hire or buy outright borrowing from the mortgage. I tried to consider all of the current costs of running my existing car year on year and in the end I decided to buy outright, even with the depreciation and running costs, because of the higher residual value compared to the car I was replacing it should work out very similar running costs. I managed to get a great discount from the local BMW dealer by getting an online quote in writing (pdf) for trade in on the old car (at a top price according to Parkers) which they then matched. With the lease/hire options as there is no residual to recover it worked out more expensive, although on the plus side with maintenance included it is worry free motoring. I contacted the following companies for quotes which might save some googling.

Leasing

New

new-car-discount.com

New with Trade in

Graham

Reply to
Tav

Thanks Graham,

Thats a great help, I have tried BMW direct and they came back with high quotes for contract hire but they did say that they would match any genuine price I got from any other company. I will try the leasing companys you tried and take the best back to them.

Thanks Again

Andy

Reply to
Andy

"... they did say that they would match any genuine price I got from any other company."

That's a bit lame, a cop-out and poor salesmanship, quoting high and then offering to go down to any level. (I presume "high" means you have already seen competing prices.)

I would try to avoid BMW in this instance.

Having seen Graham's (Tav) comments I can add that a few years ago, when I actually bought a new car for a fair chunk of money I plumped for putting down some cash and covering the rest with an increased home loan. Probably second cheapest method after buying outright. Business buyes may have a leasing advantage because of VAT reclaims.

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling