mountain bike fit in rear seating area of 5 series E39?

Would a mountain bike fit in the rear seating area of a BMW 5 series E39 saloon car?

ObviouslyI dont think one would fit in the boot unless u dismantled it?

Reply to
Tony

Dunno about that particular car, but I'd guess with the wheels off it'd go. Mudguards and racks are the things which cause more problems, but I'm guessing you don't have any of these.

I'm also assuming you're not worried/are going to take suitable precautions for muck!

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Or you could work part time for IKEA...

David R

If you take the wheels off, easily.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

A bit obvious surely?

I'm sure it would fit diagonally of the back seats fold down far enough, but then it'll be a blanket-required messy job, especially after cycling in the rain.

Reply to
David R

Bike rack is better especially the type that doesn't obstruct the number plate. Even better if you have a towbar those type clip on very quickly and won't drop off the back! I have a hatchback and get the whole bike in with wheels - just! But there's the grease and dirt

Reply to
David Wood

(Free folding bikes given to 9000 IKEA staff...)

I bet they come with a vital bolt missing...

Reply to
PC Paul

Seen the neighbours; probably the best folding bike I've seen. After, of course, removing the yellow IKEA sticker. Nothing to setup, just unfold, pump up wheels, and off you go. I wouldn't be surprised to see them sold in stores soon actually. They were custom made by Raleigh in this instance.

Reply to
David R

I had one in the back seat of an E28 with the wheels off. E39 is a lot wider, should be fine.

Reply to
John Burns

Remove the wheels and sure. You might want to put a large towel or something to protect the seat.

R / John

Reply to
John Carrier

Fits fine in my M3 too. Oh wait, that's with the top down.

Reply to
Tom Scales

I'm just jealous, actually. I'd love a decent folder to ride to work, there's nowhere safe outside to lock my hybrid.

Or a shower, for that matter.

Do you really have to pump up the tyres every time you unfold it??

Reply to
PC Paul