Re: BMW 5 series (E39) business radio removal

THANK YOU for the information on how to remove the BMW radio.... We found that the proper tool to use is a HEX key (very small) turn it to the left to release it.

Harmony Hut HiFi Repair Massachusetts

Reply to
repairfrank

Actually, if you look closely, it is *not* a hex key, but a 5 sided proprietary fastener. You may be able to jam a hex key in there or , as I do, use a small screwdriver jammed in there, or pay the price for the correct tool from BMW. Since you appear to be a car stereo business, I'd suggest the latter so you don't bugger up the customer's screws.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Actually, if you look closely, it is *not* a 5 sided key - it is now a standard allen key. Since the E39 radio won't work in any other car BMW did away with the foolishness of the anti-theft mounting used on lesser models.

Just thought you might like to know..

Reply to
Don

Hmmmm. I did not know that.