Normal Battery Drain?

What is the normal battery drain? With the car stopped and everything off, I measure 10 mA between the disconnected negative battery post and the negative ground cable. It was over 100 mA, but I isolated that problem and am now wondering whether I am back to normal (i.e. not having to worry about a dead battery after a few days).

Reply to
Niels Petersen

I'd say 10mA is normal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Having spent 20+ years as an auto mechanic, I agree with Dave Plowman that

10 mA is fine. Some of the cars that I have seen over the years could stand up to 40mA if driven frequently. A few cars, mostly owned by proverbial "little old ladies", required the installation of a smaller alternator pulley to keep the Battery from going flat

Homer ...{º¿º}...

Reply to
Homer

my parents always had problems since they don't drive much and when they do they take the small grocery getter. So my dads car would run out of juice. I hooked him up with a battery tender / battery minder. It keeps the batteries nicely topped off. He never has dead batteries anymore and they last a lot longer.

Reply to
RT