Re: 3 series UK - Euro headlights

In essence YES as the euro lights are primarily set for right hand dipping and uk lights are set for left hand dipping. both are adjustable for occasional across border use rhd - lhd but this will only align the lamps to vertical dip which does not meet uk regs nor euro regs for vehicles registered in their respective countries - eg UK vehicle in UK. The vertical dip arrangement is only legal for visitor use. The car will NOT pass UK MOT nor TUV tests with vertical dip lights.

Reply to
Oscar

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 09:22:28 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com waffled on about something:

Any ideas how to do this on an E36? I've often wondered, and the manual just says "your local BMW approved dealer can do this for you", same as he can put air in the tyres and top up the washer fluid.

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

Are you absolutely sure they can do this highly technical task.

My new 730d has low tyre pressure warning system fitted and it's like a manual for flying Apollo 13 to reset it.

Hugh

Reply to
Oscar

On Tue, 01 May 2007 19:47:36 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@nowhere.com waffled on about something:

Well at least the manual tell you how to do it!

Having had a headlight out to replace it, I poked about with the old one, and even with it sitting on the workbench I still can't see how it can be changed... I have a nasty feeling the dealer's method of switching your dip direction is 2 new headlight units and a big bill!

Dodgy.

Reply to
Dodgy

You are correct - it is not possible to swap LH dip to RH dip unless you use RH dipping light units. You can only go to vertical dip or rather horizontal cut off by twisting the buld by means of the little lever or is you have exposed light lenses then by sticking a difuser over the lens beam angler part.

Sorry to say - replace the lights if the car is stopping in the UK. A wrecking yard or SH parts place should be able to help - try eBay or look in the BMW car mags - BMW Car or Total BMW are 2 then there is the BMW car club of Great Britain.

Reply to
Oscar