Euro Headlamp conversion, 2003 Peug 206CC???

Hi all,

Im taking my Oct '03 Peugeot 206CC to France at the end of the month.

Obviously I need headlamp adjusters.

Can I get away with the stick on lenses, or do I need to do more??

Thanks :-)

J.

Reply to
Blobby J Blobdom

I need headlamp adjusters.

Never bothered over many years. Used to paint the headlamps yellow but that's not required nowadays. Mind you the Xantia dipped beams wouldn't dazzle a moth, and we don't drive at night that much. DaveK.

Reply to
DaveK

Ask at a peugeot garage.

not ebing funny there is a valid reason,

for a few years now, certian french cars, i.e pugs and shitrones have been coming to the uk with eu equipment fitted,

first things people noted was the windscreen wipers swept the wrong way to a RHD car, pug say that is fine as out law over here just says the drivers side of the screen must be swept clear by the wipers, and unless your 7 foot tall, you can see out of the swept part of the screen fine, even if it has the curve sweep and not the flat end stop part of the sweep.

but likewise, some pugs i know for sure had euro headlights fitted, since the euro headlights dip up and down, i.e they dont project a beam to the right hand side of the car to illuminate the kerb like ours do to the left, they are ok to use over here and abroad,

that's why you don't see forigeners over here with headlight beam converters, they dont need em.

not sure if the euro headlights are still fitted as standard, but i looked into it a while back, when i wanted to fit euro lights to my motorhome to save me having to keep getting those shitty headlight masks, what i found out indicated that it would be fine for me to fit euro headlights to my van, and use it here and abroad with no more beam adjusters needed,

but check this out your self before doing it, laws for motorhomes are different to cars (like my 3.5 ton motorhome is classed as a car for MOT purposes, and as such gets a class 4 mot each year, not a class 7 like commercial vans have to have. tax is car rated, road tolls car rated in most cases, insurance cheaper than a car when i was younger, when abroad i can travel at car speeds on autoroutes, and so on)

Reply to
CampinGazz

I had a Morris Marina that did that

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Yup, I intened to ask my dealer, but thought Id check in here first.

Your info is useful. Many thanks :-)

J.

Reply to
Blobby J Blobdom