Re: E28 87 535i is this an interference type motor?

TIA

Only the most agricultural of engines aren't.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It's kinda hard to tell from the posts, but the answer is that all BMW inline engines are interference engines. That's why they have (mostly) chains rather than belts.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Generally true, but I believe it is less true in the case of petrol turbo engines. My Celica GT4 turbo was non interference. 220 bhp from 2l litres. Hardly agricultural. :-) Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Turbos may be the exception due to the lower compression ratio. But then the OPs isn't a turbo engine. Dunno about the new generation of BMW turbo petrols either.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)