Series 7 repair manuals (E38)

Other than the CD parts and repair guides aimed at the true professional mechanic, I have found nothing.

Anyone have any secret knowledge of something that is available for the mere owner with only a basic knowledge and rudimentary toolkit?

Regards,

Miller in Minnesota

Reply to
Sun God

Sorry, no. It appears that Bentley Publishing (source of the best DIY manuals for BMWs) does not have a manual for the E38. They must think that if you are wealthy enough to own an E38 you wouldn't want to be crawling around underneath of it.

How sad...

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Right, especially when I paid $9K for mine! Thanks.

Reply to
Sun God

Wow, you shoulda tried Amazon.com first....

;-)

Reply to
Pete

Sun God,

have you tried? :

you'll find links to Owner's manuals as .pdfs here. that is probably all you need for information regarding basic maintenance i.e. battery, tires, fluid levels, etc. the site also has numerous links to message groups and even specific links to instructions for repairs. the "professional" repair guides reflect the value of engineering of your car. you should get a bmw mechanic when you have problems with your car. a good relationship w/ a good mechanic will boost your basic knowledge. and all the better for your car.

good luck,

*M

1992 735iL

Reply to