Service interval.

I am down to one green light on my service indicator. What happens next? pete

After the last green indicator you will start to get Yellow indicators up to 3 then after the 3rd Yellow indicator you will get a red indicator. I usually start scheduling my service once the first Yellow indicator is lit.
-Branden

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 13:07:44 -0600, "Branden Nelsen"

Many thanks. pete

This must be model dependant. On all E36 models it was 5 green, 1 yellow and 1 red.
That might be true. I have a E39 and mine has 5G, 3Y, 1R. You should be able to look in your manual and it will say, that's how I found out on mine.
-Branden

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 16:10:14 -0600, "Branden Nelsen"

Yes of course I should have done that. Thanks. pete
On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 22:01:45 -0000, "zerouali"

I have a '98 535. pete
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

You have 24 hours to get as far away as possible before it self destructs taking the surrounding area down with it.
Huw

Darn, you beat me to it!

You've had your E39 for some time, Peter. Why the question now?
--
*Rehab is for quitters

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 23:57:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

I bought it from a dealer. I had to take it back some time later to have the brake fluid replaced and as I went to drive off I noticed the light was still on. The mechanic put the tool on it and reset it. That made me wonder if the oil light had been set the same way so I had it serviced by a BMW mechanic but he lives miles away and had to take the car for the weekend. Next time it was due for an MOT and I had it serviced at the same time even though it wasn't due. The mechanic I used that time couldn't re-set the service indicator and days later, while left with the ignition turned on for a while it re-set itself!!!! Anyhow I decided then to take it back to the dealer for future work and that is why I am asking now. The dealer has said if I give him enough notice he will do it while I read a book. This is important to me as the dealer is in the sticks and arranging for lifts there and back is a bind on my kids. pete
On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 23:57:43 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Oh, c'mon, Dave.
Don't pretend that you don't know that Peter Turtill is a long time and very well known 'net kook.
Ghod only knows what his agenda is with this question. I'm staying out of it...
--
Dan.

On Tue, 07 Feb 2006 19:10:36 -0500, Dean Dark

Maybe you should have stayed out of it as you do not know what you are talking about. pete
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 00:37:12 +0000, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Sure. I was planning on doing that anyway.

Yeah, right. My work here is done.
--
Dan.

A semi unrelated, but related question....
I've had some battery drain issues where I've pulled each fuse & measured the amps across & disconnected the battery.
Will this "reset" the service interval count down?
What I'm concerned with is that oil changes will get out of sync & I'll end up doing them prematurely (better that than too late, but it's still $ out the door)
-j

No
--
*Generally speaking, you aren't learning much if your lips are moving.*

Thank you.
On Wed, 08 Feb 2006 10:00:36 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

There are batteries on the SI board in the instrument cluster
--
-Fred W

I was hoping it was non volitle memory...
batteries wear out & die... :(
Are these batteries easy to get to to replace?
Josh Assing wrote:

Well, actually, it depends on the vintage. Older BMWs have the batteries, newer ones have non-vol ram

Yes. ;-)
--
-Fred W