Service interval.

I am down to one green light on my service indicator. What happens next? pete

Reply to
turtill

After the last green indicator you will start to get Yellow indicators up to

3 then after the 3rd Yellow indicator you will get a red indicator. I usually start scheduling my service once the first Yellow indicator is lit.

-Branden

Reply to
Branden Nelsen

You have 24 hours to get as far away as possible before it self destructs taking the surrounding area down with it.

Huw

Reply to
Huw

Many thanks. pete

Reply to
turtill

Darn, you beat me to it!

Reply to
Jo Ling

This must be model dependant. On all E36 models it was 5 green, 1 yellow and

1 red.
Reply to
zerouali

That might be true. I have a E39 and mine has 5G, 3Y, 1R. You should be able to look in your manual and it will say, that's how I found out on mine.

-Branden

Reply to
Branden Nelsen

You've had your E39 for some time, Peter. Why the question now?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have a '98 535. pete

Reply to
turtill

Yes of course I should have done that. Thanks. pete

Reply to
turtill

I bought it from a dealer. I had to take it back some time later to have the brake fluid replaced and as I went to drive off I noticed the light was still on. The mechanic put the tool on it and reset it. That made me wonder if the oil light had been set the same way so I had it serviced by a BMW mechanic but he lives miles away and had to take the car for the weekend. Next time it was due for an MOT and I had it serviced at the same time even though it wasn't due. The mechanic I used that time couldn't re-set the service indicator and days later, while left with the ignition turned on for a while it re-set itself!!!! Anyhow I decided then to take it back to the dealer for future work and that is why I am asking now. The dealer has said if I give him enough notice he will do it while I read a book. This is important to me as the dealer is in the sticks and arranging for lifts there and back is a bind on my kids. pete

Reply to
turtill

Oh, c'mon, Dave.

Don't pretend that you don't know that Peter Turtill is a long time and very well known 'net kook.

Ghod only knows what his agenda is with this question. I'm staying out of it...

Reply to
Dean Dark

Maybe you should have stayed out of it as you do not know what you are talking about. pete

Reply to
turtill

Sure. I was planning on doing that anyway.

Yeah, right. My work here is done.

Reply to
Dean Dark

A semi unrelated, but related question....

I've had some battery drain issues where I've pulled each fuse & measured the amps across & disconnected the battery.

Will this "reset" the service interval count down?

What I'm concerned with is that oil changes will get out of sync & I'll end up doing them prematurely (better that than too late, but it's still $ out the door)

-j

Josh Assing

No

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thank you.

Josh Assing

There are batteries on the SI board in the instrument cluster

Reply to
Fred W

I was hoping it was non volitle memory...

batteries wear out & die... :(

Are these batteries easy to get to to replace?

Josh Assing

Well, actually, it depends on the vintage. Older BMWs have the batteries, newer ones have non-vol ram

Yes. ;-)

Reply to
Fred W