should i be able to hear a noise from the aircon on BMW 5 series?

I have just picked up a new 5 series BMW... i have just noticed that i can hear the aircon or CD player motor... or somthing making a whirrring noise behind the dash, as soon ias i get in the car... no keys in ignition rtc.... is this normal?

Thanks in advance Russell

Reply to
Russell Brook

"Russell Brook" wrote

Air inlet door opening, probably? Key memory affects temp-a/c settings.

Floyd

Reply to
fbloogyudsr

Reply to
SharkmanBMW

You'll hear when you switch off too. It's the fresh air vents operating - they close when the car's not in use, as it were.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for the feedback... i can hear the vents move on occasions... on closer inspection, this is a very quiete whiring coming from the CD navigation player /system in the dash...

I am just a little concerned that it may run the battery down if i don't use the car for a few days, (airport carpark erc...)

Regards Russelll

Reply to
Russell Brook

Ah, I have a newish 320D Sport and it has the satnav unit in the boot, and yes, I too can hear than whiring, so I'm glad it is in the boot ;-) along with the CD changer.

As for the aircon, mine is quiet at the low settings, but I can hear the motor at the medium settings. Have to say I'm very surprised at how quiet the car is, especially when it is going above 30mph.

Don't think you need worry.

Reply to
John Perry