Some Qs on the 1997 Z3 Roadster

Hi all,

Went and saw a red 1997 Z3 1.9 liter roadster which has clocked about

50 k miles that's selling for US$ 5.4 k (final price). Having known nobody that owns a Z3, would appreciate some inputs from you guys on the following Qs:

a. Is this a good deal? The car is mechanically and structurally sound but the door handles have broken off and the seat has a tear, etc. Save for these cosmetic repairs, the mechanicals appear very sound.

b. I'll be using this as a second car to my C240. Will its feel a lot less sporty? I'm asking this because I couldn't test out the car in any major open stretches but merely for a couple of spins around a block of apartments.

c. If you know of any major known issues with this model, I'll be happy to know of it.

Thanks in advance,

Ramapriya

Reply to
D Ramapriya

Sounds like a bargain to me. I gave $8K for a '98 1.9 with 100K on the odometer, and some minor dings. I thought I got a bargain till I saw your post. This is in DFW TX. That car would bring $9 - $10K easily here.

Never driven a C240, but I expect the acceleration will be similar. That

1.9 only has about 128 horses, so it's no racer. But on a windy road in the Spring with the top down, or a summer night, it's just great. Not much fun in the winter, or in the rain. But it's a ragtop.

No notable gotchas. The seats may have a little bit of fore-aft slack due to some nylon bushings that wear out, but if you are going to have the seats fixed, have them do that also.

Buy it, or tell me where it is :)

Reply to
Rex